Maybe you can’t answer that question yet but after reading the information below we think the answer will be yes. Below is a list of critical quality and engineering needs that are not being met by ERP/MES. All of these efforts are assumed to be addressed outside of traditional ERP/MES but rarely are.
- Identified the specific part features
- Figured out the processes to make the part
- Determined amount of labor required
Manufacturing & Quality Planning
- Identified the part’s characteristics
- Created inspection plan for the shop
- Developed the detailed work instructions.
Producing & Inspecting
- Presented illustrated work instruction
- Collected detailed process data
- Collected characteristic results data
Monitoring & Reporting
So how is your ERP/MES helping you with these types of requirements?
If you have a performance gap in any of these areas you might want to explore DISCUS ENG (Engineering Next Generation).
DISCUS ENG provides a live digital thread from customer requirements to shipping. The patent pending technology enables you to address many critical engineering needs with a single common effort.
To learn more check out the DISCUS ENG home page with more information and links to relevant white papers.