The following are the differences between AS9102 Rev A and Rev B.
Rev B of the AS9102 standard has been out for about a month and after review of the new rev, the following seem to be the most salient changes:
Inclusion of 3D for characteristic accountability, extraction of data, inspection and verification.
Acknowledging 3D as an accountability/verification reality Section 3 of the Standard, in the Applicable Documents section includes several paragraphs referring to 3D (DPD). This inclusion allows for the direct or reference of 3D modeling information to be included in the standard as either dimensional or textual inclusions.
This section also includes reference characteristics that are on 3D models and can be for information only and are typically not tolerances. Assemblies are also included for the 3D model for assembly-level FAIs. Characteristics not defined on the 2D drawing can be extracted from the 3D model, thus including tolerances for nominal dimensions.
Finally, for 3D the supplier must establish a process to extract the data from the 3D and ensure the inspection of the 3D model dimensions are completed as planned. These are to be measured, inspected, tested and verified as one would do on the 2D drawing.
Other changes to the forms are minor terminology changes, typically deletion of phrases and examples.
Textual Changes to the Forms:
- Form 1 Header: Rev A FAI Report Number is FAIR Number for Form B
- Text items 1 and 2 at he bottom of Form 1 are deleted except for 1) FAI complete FAI not complete and Signature.
- Form 2 Header Rev A FAI Report Number is FAIR Number for Form B
- Item #8: Rev A Special Process Supplier Code is now Supplier on Rev B
- Item #9: Removal examples (Yes/No/NA) for Customer Approval Verification.
- Item #12: Removal of if applicable on the Acceptance report number.
- Item #15: Prepared By in Form A is Signature for Rev B.
- Form 3 Header: Rev A FAI Report Number is FAIR Number for Form B
- Item 12: Prepared By in Form A is Signature for Rev B.
Need more help, contact us.