Public Relations Consultant
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Key Enhancement Update for DISCUS Software Now Available
Discus 7.2 Enhancements Improve Process and Save Time
Summary: Columbus-based DISCUS software announced today that a key enhancement update is now available.
Columbus, OH – September 30, 2014 – DISCUS Software based in Columbus, Ohio announced today that the much anticipated key enhancement software update is now available. The DISCUS software tools are productivity solutions that dramatically reduce the time it takes to complete first article inspection, in-process inspection planning and process planning.
The 7.2 update includes enhancements to DISCUS Desktop, OCR, Planner and 3D DISCUS products. Key features to the software update include:
- The ability to compare PDFs improvements: This is ideal for finding the differences between revisions. Any changes in the new revision will display in the color you select.
- Enhanced OCR: The auto-compile option in the OCR Settings will auto-populate the Bill of Characteristics. As soon as you balloon, you will realize the structured dataimmediately.
- New OCR options – GD&T Dimensions, Text/Notes or Automatic. With Automatic, DISCUS will pick the best OCR recognition between GD&T Dimensions or Text/Notes, no need to switch between the two–it’s done for you.
- The OCR option last selected will persist as for your default even if you close and reopen the Characteristics Properties and/or the Technical Data Package (TDP). Whatever option you last select will be retained.
- Characteristic Editing and Navigation: Now you can leave the Characteristics Properties window up and navigate to any characteristic by selecting in the drawing panel or the Bill of Characteristics (BoC). The Characteristic Properties window has also been streamlined to take less screen space to facilitate characteristic editing.
Marketing Manager for DISCUS, Jake Hart comments, “This latest release offers improvements that will provide even greater efficiency for our users. The ability to compare PDF improvements has been dramatically simplified and will save time.” Targeted at the manufacturing, aerospace, automotive and medical device industries, DISCUS Software provides customer centric, modularized software with efficient and thorough customer support.“
DISCUS Software is offering a free trial of the new DISCUS 7.2 update. In free trial mode, you can try out DISCUS Desktop for an indefinite period of time, but you will only be able to operate on the included set of input files (the example TDP, drawing, and specification files). To evaluate the DISCUS Desktop products with your input files, you can obtain a 30-day evaluation license by selecting the Get Evaluation License button on the Free Trial pop-up window within DISCUS Desktop.
# # #
DISCUS Software Company specializes in the development of software tools for accelerating manufacturing and quality engineering. Its software products are productivity solutions that dramatically reduce the time it takes to complete first article inspection reports, in-process inspection planning and process planning. DISCUS was the first software product to automate engineering drawing annotation and manufacturing inspection requirement extraction. DISCUS is the innovator, not the imitator in the First Article Inspection Reporting automation market. DISCUS is compatible with many of the requirements used by companies such as Boeing, Ford, GE, Lockheed, and Siemens. For more information visit www.DISCUSsoftware.com.