The Frequently Asked Questions about DISCUS CMM:
- Is there a way to try out DISCUS CMM?
- Is DISCUS CMM included with the other DISCUS products?
- How do I access and use the CMM tool?
- Does DISCUS CMM work with all CMM software packages?
- Does DISCUS CMM require CMM software to operate?
- How does DISCUS CMM handle multiple result values?
Yes. Similar to all of the other DISCUS modules, you can try DISCUS CMM before buying. You must have DISCUS Results licensed (evaluation or purchased) to use DISCUS CMM.
No. DISCUS CMM is an add-on module for DISCUS Desktop, and it is available for a separate license fee.
DISCUS CMM will appear as additional items in the Results menu. There will be a CMM Report panel that appears to the right of the drawing/model panel.
DISCUS CMM works with the PC-DMIS legacy text report format. Future releases will support the majority of CMM software reports using the DMIS output format (DMO).
No. DISCUS CMM does not require any CMM software to be present. It operates by intelligently reading the CMM Report and mapping the CMM axes to DISCUS characteristics.
DISCUS CMM allows you to add 1 or many results for each characteristic. DISCUS Results handles the specific reporting of the results – i.e., reporting all values, range of values, specific values, etc.