Announcing DISCUS 5.0 – Key Enhancements
We are pleased to announce DISCUS 5.0 is released.
DISCUS 5.0 is a major upgrade that includes enhancements to all DISCUS products plus we’ve added a new product, DISCUS CMM.
Michael J. Parsley from Precision Systems Manufacturing commented: “Since DISCUS has helped us to reduce the time for First Article Inspection by over 50%, we are a very satisfied user. We’re excited about the new features coming out in DISCUS 5.0.”
DISCUS 5.0 is packed with new and improved functionality. In summary:
- DISCUS CMM is now available! – Import and apply CMM measurements to characteristics. Build your ballooned drawing and First Article Inspection report from the CMM report. Or, match up CMM measurements to existing characteristics.
- The OCR Accuracy and User Interface have been enhanced – Check out the new Characteristic Properties window and the revamped OCR Settings. All OCR settings in one place. More powerful OCR too!
- The new Extract Text OCR feature – Allows you to copy and apply text from parts lists and other documents in the technical data package. Extract Drawing Number, Name, and more right from your drawing. No need for labor-intensive data entry.
- The Parts List window and Material & Process List window have been updated.
- All AS9102 form fields completed within DISCUS. AS9102 header information in one location.
- Powerful New Revision functionality – view retired characteristics! The Replace Drawing feature and the New Drawing Revision feature have been extended and improved. It’s now available with DISCUS Planner too.
- GD&T Editor – New symbols added. Free form Diameter and Radius converts to characteristic structured requirement. OCR and GD&T Editor integrated.
- A new diamond balloon shape is available.
- Copy-paste your drawing text mark ups.
- And many other smaller enhancements.
To try out DISCUS 5.0, download the free trial installer.
For further info, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer them for you.